Venues and Directions
58 Edgbaston Park Road
Accommodation and breakfast
48 Edgbaston Park Road
When booking, please mention the workshop title, as a number of rooms have been pre-reserved.
Both facilities are within 5 minutes walking distance from each other along Edgbaston Park Road. Free parking is provided at Lucas House.
Should there be no availability at Lucas House, the next nearest hotel is the Menzies Strathallan (Tel. 0121 455 9777).
Travelling by car
- Approaching from the NW, W, E or SE along the M6:
- Leave at Junction 6 (signposted Birmingham Central) to join the A38(M)
- At the end of the motorway, keep to the right (signposted South West M5) go over the flyover, then through three underpasses to join the A38 (Bristol Road)
- Proceed through the next two main traffic signals and at the end of a short length of dual carriageway (approximately 1/2 mile) turn right into Edgbaston Park Road, by 'Its a Scream'
- The University of Birmingham Conference Park is approximately 1/4 mile along Edgbaston Park Road - look for the Lucas House and Hornton Grange signs
- Approaching from the SW:
- Leave the M5 at Junction 4 (signposted Birmingham SW) to join the A38 (Bristol Road)
- Proceed about six miles towards the city centre
- After passing the University main gates, take the first turning left into Edgbaston Park Road
Travelling by train
- Debark at Birmingham New Street and take the next train to University (Birmingham)
- Trains run every 10 or 20 minutes and the journey takes approximately 7 minutes
- University is either the first or the second stop
- Walking from University station takes approximately 15 minutes:
- Debark and cross the campus eastwards until you meet Edgbaston Park road
- Turn left on Edgbaston Park Road, and walk until you see Lucas House
Travelling by plane
- Birmingham International Airport is served by Flybe, Lufthansa, Ryanair, Air France, KLM and various other airlines that provide direct connections to major cities in Europe
- From the airport, a free shuttle service, the 'Air-Rail Link', connects the terminals to Birmingham International rail station
- Trains to Birmingham New Street (see above) run every 10 minutes and take 15 minutes to reach the city centre
- Alternatively, a taxi takes approximately 30-40 minutes to the University of Birmingham, depending on traffic